Selecting the right printer is at the core of ensuring productive office operations. However, it requires some patience and some research before you actually spend your precious dollars on one of these. In this blog, we have compiled some most significant features that you should look out for in a printer when you collaborate with companies involved in printer sale or leasing. So, here we go:
1. Inkjet or laser? – The most common thing that people look for in a printer is the benefit of laser printer over the inkjet printer and vice versa. One of these might work for you, if you look closely into their specialties.
With an inkjet printer, you can easily print a small amount of copies per week. Inkjet printers are affordable for printing small volumes of printouts in black and white or color, including web pages, photographs and documents etc.
On the other hand, a laser printer should be your choice if you require more than 500 printouts per week. Suitable for large offices, multiple users can simultaneously use a laser printer by sending ‘print’ command through systems on the corporate network.
2. Functionalities – Based on the range of functionalities, you need to choose between single function and multifunction printers through a lease by reputable companies. Also, wireless printing is nowadays considered beneficial for larger organizations where professionals work on a virtual network.
3. Cartridge costs -Checking the cartridge cost will also help you in calculating the actual expenditure on the printer once you buy it for your home or office. The printers with individual ink cartridge require you to replace only one cartridge at a time, making it a reasonably priced option. In a tricolor cartridge on the other hand, you will need to replace the complete three cartridges even when one of these runs out.
Before going for the right printer for your office, an independent Internet research is a must. You can easily note down the pros and cons and user reviews of your shortlisted printers. This will give you valuable pointers in selecting the appropriate printer for your office printing needs.
When operating costs are critical, the Ricoh Aficio 6001 emerges as a viable option in cost effective printing in your office and can help you save substantially. Let’s take a look at some of the most promising features this printer is offering.
1) Combination of visual appeal and beneficial features
You can accomplish good looking and space saving printouts through its Half fold, Z- fold, and Multi fold options. The printer runs at an average speed of 60 pages per minute while printing in black and white. This printer has a vertical printing resolution of 1200 dpi.
This printer is compatible with popular operating systems like Windows, Linux and Mac OS. It is also built to save energy. This printer has a standard memory of 512 MB. With an 8.5”LCD touch screen display, navigating through its features becomes easier and easier right from the beginning, even if one isn’t very proficient with corporate printers. The features provide ample evidence why it is an ideal corporate printer when taken on leasing terms.
2) Technologically ready for today’s connected world
This printing machine supports media types like standard paper, heavy weight matte paper, card stock and Transparencies. The scanning in this printer becomes faster with its automatic document feeder that has a maximum capacity of 150 pages. This efficient printing machine can be connected through Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g. You can also send and receive faxes up to 320 pages with a speed of 3 seconds for a single page. The fax machine in this printer double checks the number before actually sending the fax, this helps in minimizing manual error in dialing the correct fax number.
3) Truly multi-function
Added to this, its fax machine can save up to 2,000 frequently dialed fax numbers into its memory. The modem for fax operates at a speed of 33.6 kbps. You can program up to 8 tasks in its memory while it’s already running to increase productive use and save precious time. The pull out mechanism in the toner and paper tray helps in refilling these with comfort. There is a separate tray for faxes which makes it easier to find the same and these doesn’t get lost in the pile of printed and copied papers. All the faxes can be searched and retrieved using Web Image Monitor or Desk Top Binder, making it a good choice for corporate level printing.