When it comes to buying an office printer, the decision needs to be thought about by comparing total cost over flexibility. Many businesses consider leasing as an efficient option to acquire office equipment rather than putting a huge capital blocked for outright purchase. Leasing is a tax-efficient form of finance, which lets you avoid the initial capital outlay and enable cost effective access to latest technology that too at the right time. With a continuous development and advent of new technology in office equipment, leasing is a better option to upgrade office devices rather than purchasing it outright.
We bring to you, some of the advantages of leasing a printer or photocopier:
- Buying office equipment like a photocopier or printer with the risk of the device becoming obsolete in five years seems to be a daunting investment. So it is wiser to use the capital in expansions and other important acquisitions. Leasing a printer/photocopier will not only fulfil the need but also preserve your existing liquidity but also optimise your commercial credit sources.
- Flexible Payment. With a leasing arrangement you can make most comfortable and suitable payment plan up to agreed number of years. It gives you immediate access to the photocopier or printer that is required in your office at required speed and right technology and that too without paying a large amount at the time of purchasing the same.
- Latest Technology. A photocopier or printer is accepted to be an asset that depreciates faster than most of other purchased assets. So, it is a wiser decision to invest in assets that either appreciate or depreciate lesser than a printer/photocopier. For such an office equipment, leasing is the best option available that relieves you from the burden of quick obsolescence and also gives you an opportunity to move on to the latest technology improvements without much hitch.
- For start-ups or many other businesses, it is advantageous to pay as they use and as they earn. In spite of paying a lump sum amount at time of purchase, leasing offers you easy, equated and accurate amount and number of instalments without any change in the rate of interest. So, it turns out to be sensible decision to pay as you use the equipment.
- Tax Efficiency. Leasing offers you the same benefits in terms of tax as you have for purchasing equipment. The cost of leasing equipment is deductible as a business expense thereby lowering the net cost of leasing it. Another benefit of leasing is that you can reclaim the whole amount of payout (leasing instalments) on the agreed payment intervals rather than purchasing where you can claim only a fixed percentage of the total amount each year.
- Return on Investment (ROI). Acquiring new equipment on leasing arrangement gives you increased productivity and also avails cost saving and hence gives you raised ROI.
We hope the above stated points would have convinced you strongly for considering leasing as the next best option. We at Milkman are supported by North Shore Leasing LLC to offer greater flexibility in leasing options to our customers. We would be happy to help you with utmost trained and qualified assistance on any issues regarding printers, photocopiers or multifunction printers. Please feel free to call us.
Has your photocopier or printer broken down? Do you have a service and maintenance contract? If no, then you must know the reason why you need one? As photocopiers and printers have become substantial in day to day working of an office, you need to ensure that there is a good repair and maintenance service contract in place. For expensive photocopiers and printers, it is an essential and wise move as it not only avoids the inconvenience caused in working hours due to machinery breakdown but also save you from additional service and repair costs incurred.
Reasons to get maintenance contract rather than having a DIY approach:
- Multifunctional Printers and photocopiers are complicated machines.
- Only service technicians have the expertise and training to fix them up.
- Doing it yourself without appropriate knowledge might make it a more expensive affair.
- Over a period of time, a contract costs lesser.
We hope you would be convinced by the above mentioned facts. So here we bring to you a few points which you should consider before penning down a contract.
- The service provider you are contracting should clearly mention the kind of costs he will bear. Will it be for the parts or for the service provided or both? As under the repair and maintenance contract, the provider charges a fixed monthly fees. He might charge additionally for each printout till an agreed limit.
- The amount of fee you are paying towards the contract is on what basis. It should be clearly fixed whether it is on the volume of usage or if it is a fixed amount that covers any and every issue. The amount of fee charged is high for machines with high volume of usage and low for lower copier limits.
- The time within which the service provider will provide a technician for the repair. A good service provider shall promise a guaranteed response time. The response time can be arrived at with mutual consent and on the basis of least disruption of effective working hours due to any fault in the machine.
- The things that are included in the package for which you are paying the monthly fee should be clearly known. It means that does the contract include the provision for consumables like ink and toner etc. or they are charged separately? Moreover a contract also stipulates the assumption of responsibility. Depending on the service provider he should clearly mention what costs he assumes to bear/pay: the cost of parts or the labour?
You should sign up with a reputed and faithful printer repair and maintenance service provider who provides you with timely, quality service that too without any surprise costs. A good repair and service provider does not only keeps you calm inspite of sudden machine breakdown but also relieves you from incurring unexpected cost of parts and renders reduced disruption at your workplace due to lengthy repairs.
We, at MilkMan Toner Company have the most trained and experienced technicians who would love to take care of your photocopier, printer and multifunctional printer.