Are you looking for ways helping in reducing your printing costs? Don’t worry. We have jotted down some simple yet important points that can help you save a lot on your printing costs. With little awareness and precautions in the way we use ink and paper, you can easily reduce the expenditure which is being incurred uselessly.
Here are 8 points to reduce your printing costs.
- Choose the right printer.
This means that you need to know your printing needs and select the printer accordingly. Analyse what are your printing requirements in context with quality of the prints as well as their quantity. Print job requisites can easily help to guide you in selecting the right printer for your office.Ideal choices for:
>Bulk Printing is a Monochrome Laser Printer
>Often color printing is Color Laser Printer
>Digital photos or rare printing is Inkjet printer.
- Print wisely.
Printing wisely means that while printing for in-house communication or for ordinary communication, take prints in draft or economy mode. While taking prints from web pages, take a moment to remove any advertisements, unnecessary design and borders, which require quite a lot of ink.
- Use quality paper.
For prints that are important for the organization, such as contracts or client presentations and even for digital prints or images, make sure to use quality paper. For a safer and longer life of your printer without much repairing and maintenance costs, using quality paper specifically manufactured by the manufacturer helps. As low quality paper jams your printer quite often and wastes paper as well as ink and this makes another slot for incurring repair cost.
- Avoid color prints.
Avoid your prints in color which can be easily done in black and white. Getting simple prints instead of color ones can save a lot. As on comparing it might cost as much as 10 times of monochrome prints or even more than this.
- Refill with compatible ink.Sometimes to save the cost of ink cartridges, we choose to refill them with cheaper ones. This might turn out to be a disaster for the printer. Rather than saving your supplies cost, it may raise it with an additional cost for repair due to ink leakage, poor quality prints and even short life of cartridges. So it is advisable to use original ink within the warranty period and later you can shift to compatible generic ink.
- Print atleast once a week.Sometimes when you have rare printing requirements, your printer stays at rest for long. But when it is at rest, the ink gets clogged in the ink nozzles and the ink gets dried up. To avoid any such issues in your printer, do take one test print or normal print atleast one in a week.
- Use print preview.Print preview helps you to take a note of any irregularities or mistakes just before you command a print. This not only helps you make the correction in time but also save a print from going waste.
- Look for competitive prices. This is a very feasible and real thing that every business looks up to. No one likes to spend more for something of almost same quality. So, when you have determined to cut down your printing costs do look for a better bargain but don’t fall short of quality. If you don’t consider quality products for the sake of cost cutting then in the long run they might turn out to be higher causes of incurring expenditure.
We hope that these easy yet very effective steps will help you cut down your printing costs to a great extent. Even trying duplex printing and going digital can help you save a lot of paper and go green.
For any queries related to printers, photocopiers and multi-functional printer, please feel free to contact us. Milkman Toner Company feels happy to serve you.
As we all know, starting up a new business is no simple task and any bit of help one can get these days, is surely welcomed. We all know printers and copiers are essential for the office but at the same time can be costly and swallow budgets without you really knowing it. They are costly when they break and buying toner these days at retail is insane!
To help you make the right decision for your needs, we’ve prepared this list of helpful steps to follow for ensuring you are making the right decision.
Steps to follow:
- Define your needs.
The very initial and most important thing that you need to do is to define your requirements. If your startup business is such that you require larger volume duplication or prints fairly regularly, then there is a wide variety of machines that cater to those needs. Maybe your organization focuses more on smaller production photo type color prints etc.Once you are sure of your needs, then you are ready to start making your decision.
Once you are through with your requirements, next step you should follow is to do a little research and/or even visit your provider (if they are local…always call first). A good local company with a great reputation comes with experience and good trade practices. So, they would be the right place to help guide you on what models of machine might best suit your needs and likely fill you in on respective prices and cost. Purchasing is costly many times, so leasing is a great option!
- Consider rental options in terms of time
a) Short term rentals
Starting up is a risky affair. You are quite unsure on the probability of success and failure. Though short-term rentals are costlier than long-term contracts yet they are a safer route that you can take up when you not sure of the amount of usage that you will do. Within a month or two you can evaluate your usage and extend or upgrade the contract accordingly.
b) Long Terms rentals
Long Term rentals are less costly and have an added advantage of easy upgrading. Leasing helps you to stay up to date with the technology, that is quite a disadvantage in purchasing the equipment outright. It helps you to be innovative enough to take utilize the opportunity and will not leave your company be lagged behind. Flexible and cost-effective leasing solutions can surely lead you to be a successful businessman.
- Consider the benefits of leasing
a) Low upfront costs
Leasing helps in saving on the credit available with a start-up. This means that you are not expected to tie-up a hefty amount of your money in buying a photocopier which you can otherwise invest in your capital.
b) Avoid Obsolescence.
Obsolescence is a major concern for small businesses or for start-ups. Leasing offers an easy solution to avoid obsolescence. Another fact is that basic printers have lower rates of getting obsolete than that of printers with high technology features.c) Covered Maintenance costs
Leasing comes with another major benefit of covering the maintenance costs within the leasing contract. Most of the providers offer maintenance costs included I the lease agreement or the same can be paid separately.
We have listed the step by step process along with some benefits of leasing a photocopier to help not only start-ups but also for established firms to consider leasing as an efficient method of acquiring equipment.
Should you ever have question or wish to discuss your printer requirements, please feel free to contact us. At Milkman, we’re here to help!