5 Easy Steps To Clean Stubborn Print Heads
Every one of us comes across petty issues with our printers. Most common of all are the stains and splashes on the print jobs that spoil all our efforts. The reason behind this is the dried or blocked heads of printer. Sometimes we don’t use the printer which dried up the ink in the cartridges, resulting in blockages in the tiny holes. This in turn disturbs the flow of ink and leads to minor issues and at times spoils the cartridges completely.
In order to avoid such a problem frequently, all we have to do is clean the printer head regularly. If the same problem persists then trying few easy home-made printer hacks can keep the cleaning troubles at bay. It is always better to figure out the cause of the trouble whether it is dried up or there is any blockage before beginning the cleaning process.
Cleaning the print heads in easy ways
Let us check out some of the simplest ways of cleaning the print heads as follows:
- Most of the print heads of inkjet printers are removable. You can take the print heads out and use a plastic pouch to keep cartridges safely till you are done with the cleaning process. Don’t forget to keep in a straight position.
- The next step is to create a solution of distilled water with ammonia. Keep the solution at warm temperature in a pan with few paper towels beneath in order to avoid damage to the components. Soak the heads for four hours, and see that they remain dipped in the solution.
- You can see the dry ink slowly coming out from the prin heads. At regular intervals, keep moving it so that all the dry ink gets out. This procedure will clear all the blockages inside the head.
- At the same time, you can even keep the print head under tap water. The pressure of water will push away remaining ink blocks.
- Finally, use a tissue or cloth to wipe the water or liquid.
Remember to repeat the above process at least twice in a month to prevent major issues. This is one of the cost effective home remedies to clean up your print heads. In addition to this, make sure to use your printer frequently and keep dusting it. Also, cover your printer with a cloth when it is not in use to prevent dusts getting into it and to avoid drying up of the inks.