Small steps to lengthen the life and efficiency of your photocopier
The photocopier is an essential piece of office equipment and almost all of us use it at work, but we seek maintenance services only when either the print is not right or the paper gets jammed. The photocopier being a machine, needs regular maintenance to handle heavy usage and mishandling in your office. Amongst the most expensive and most useful equipment, a photocopiers in their advanced versions cost thousands of dollars and even its repair and maintenance becomes costly as well.
So today, when you have DIY for almost everything, we have compiled a list of simple and small steps that you can do yourself to keep your office photocopier clean and perform efficiently for linger time.
- Use Quality products. A higher quality product, be it a paper or toner, always helps in least damage to the photocopier in form of paper debris, dust and shavings inside the printer and hence reduce the internal wear and tear of the machine.
- Keep it dry and covered when not in use. It is a good habit to turn off your printer and keep it covered when it is not in use. This is the simplest step by which you can avoid dust from getting deposited inside the printer. Moisture may damage certain parts and print quality of the printer, so to keep it dry, invest in some Silica Gel bags in the paper tray. Easily available at any hardware or office supplies stores, silica bags are far cheaper than unwanted repair calls.
- Keep air filters clean and replace them frequently. The air intake of your photocopier might pull in unwanted dust particles. As most of the printers and copiers have filters on their air intake panels, it is advisable to put a strip of cheesecloth over the opening for another protective layer. Changing the air filters at a regular interval will also help in keeping the machine dust free.
- Frequently clean the copier glass. Clean the platen glass and its rear side in the feeder scanning area with a damp cloth and then use a soft and dry cloth. Or you can use any non-abrasive cloth dampened with glass cleaner to clean the optics and the slit exposure. Avoid spraying the glass cleaner directly onto the glass.
- Use fresh paper. It is suggested not to use the paper which is lying in the paper for long. Even keeping the copiers filled with paper to the brim are not advisable as it might have accumulated dust and moisture which may affect the print quality and also damage other internal parts of the printer. For a clean and clear print always use fresh paper.
- Ensure that suggested toner is being used. With a variation in its viscosity, toners come in a wide range. If you don’t use the toner suggested by the manufacturer or a toner specified for your machine, then it may result into serious damages which may lead to a costly repair or maintenance service.
With the above mentioned ways we have tried to give you small and easy yet effective tips for the maintenance and care of your copier to have a longer and productive life. If, in case, you need any assistance or a maintenance service, do contact us for an expert hand.Photocopier Maintenance Tips, Printer & Copier Repair, Printer Repair