Simple ways to cut down Printing Costs
Are you looking for ways helping in reducing your printing costs? Don’t worry. We have jotted down some simple yet important points that can help you save a lot on your printing costs. With little awareness and precautions in the way we use ink and paper, you can easily reduce the expenditure which is being incurred uselessly.
Here are 8 points to reduce your printing costs.
- Choose the right printer.
This means that you need to know your printing needs and select the printer accordingly. Analyse what are your printing requirements in context with quality of the prints as well as their quantity. Print job requisites can easily help to guide you in selecting the right printer for your office.Ideal choices for:
>Bulk Printing is a Monochrome Laser Printer
>Often color printing is Color Laser Printer
>Digital photos or rare printing is Inkjet printer.
- Print wisely.
Printing wisely means that while printing for in-house communication or for ordinary communication, take prints in draft or economy mode. While taking prints from web pages, take a moment to remove any advertisements, unnecessary design and borders, which require quite a lot of ink.
- Use quality paper.
For prints that are important for the organization, such as contracts or client presentations and even for digital prints or images, make sure to use quality paper. For a safer and longer life of your printer without much repairing and maintenance costs, using quality paper specifically manufactured by the manufacturer helps. As low quality paper jams your printer quite often and wastes paper as well as ink and this makes another slot for incurring repair cost.
- Avoid color prints.
Avoid your prints in color which can be easily done in black and white. Getting simple prints instead of color ones can save a lot. As on comparing it might cost as much as 10 times of monochrome prints or even more than this.
- Refill with compatible ink.Sometimes to save the cost of ink cartridges, we choose to refill them with cheaper ones. This might turn out to be a disaster for the printer. Rather than saving your supplies cost, it may raise it with an additional cost for repair due to ink leakage, poor quality prints and even short life of cartridges. So it is advisable to use original ink within the warranty period and later you can shift to compatible generic ink.
- Print atleast once a week.Sometimes when you have rare printing requirements, your printer stays at rest for long. But when it is at rest, the ink gets clogged in the ink nozzles and the ink gets dried up. To avoid any such issues in your printer, do take one test print or normal print atleast one in a week.
- Use print preview.Print preview helps you to take a note of any irregularities or mistakes just before you command a print. This not only helps you make the correction in time but also save a print from going waste.
- Look for competitive prices. This is a very feasible and real thing that every business looks up to. No one likes to spend more for something of almost same quality. So, when you have determined to cut down your printing costs do look for a better bargain but don’t fall short of quality. If you don’t consider quality products for the sake of cost cutting then in the long run they might turn out to be higher causes of incurring expenditure.
We hope that these easy yet very effective steps will help you cut down your printing costs to a great extent. Even trying duplex printing and going digital can help you save a lot of paper and go green.
For any queries related to printers, photocopiers and multi-functional printer, please feel free to contact us. Milkman Toner Company feels happy to serve you.