A business has a lot of things it likes to keep private and a lot more sensitive information which it needs to keep secured. But with modern day printing and easy access to all employees to print unlimited number of documents, a firm’s business safety is at stake. Where a major chunk of companies do not bother to keep a track of who is printing what, and what kind of sensitive documents are being printed without considering the security level, the business owners face challenges to safeguard their information.
With this blog we shall guide you to check if your printer has these features or if you are about to buy a new printer then do check them as safety measures. Presence of such features shall ensure security of your sensitive business information.
These are the features:-
- File Encryption.
While buying a printer, you should look deeply into the feature called file encryption. This feature means that all files are encrypted so that the rest of the connected computers cannot have any access to the documents.
It also means that after being printed the file is completely erased from the system and wiped away from the reach of any hackers.
- Authenticated Access.
To ensure the confidentiality and safety of your sensitive data related to your business and clients, authenticated access is probably one of the best methods. Choose a printer that helps you spot corporate espionage and allow only authenticated users to access the printer by entering a password.
With this you can not only ascertain a level of permission you want to grant to each employee’s profile for accessing the sensitive documents, but also it will keep a record showing the printing details of every employee.
With authenticated access you can also overcome the flaws of mobile printing experienced in other regular printers. It gives you a whole log showing which document was printed by whom. This will help you keep a track of all your employees whether they are operating within the office or from mobiles.
- Duplicate copies.
When an original document is sent to printer for printing, he or she is allowed to do so. The said document is kept in encrypted form and inaccessible space which could be accessed for any additional prints only when the original creator puts his or her password n.
This feature again enables to avoid the malpractice of getting unlimited number of prints of some sensitive documents by jamming the printer.
All these above mentioned features when combined in a printer give you the best security against any leak out of corporate secrets or sensitive documents or client data.
We are delighted to announce that all these privileged features are a part of OKI printers. Being a pioneer I the industry, OKI aims to put you before self and consider your convenience and security as a priority while developing new products.
In case you want any more information on OKI printers, photocopiers or scanners, feel free to Contact us. At Milkman Toner Company, we love to hear from you, so please reach out if we can answer any questions or help in any way.
A multifunction printer that serves the most basic to the varied needs of small to medium workgroups, OKI presents ES8473 to fit in any environment. This MFP will raise the workplace productivity that too at your fingertips. This device from OKI offers you color printing & copying, colour/mono scanning and analogue faxing – all in a compact A3 size that doesn’t need any sacrifice of space for its optimum functionality.
Included in its features are:
- It is an MFP with A3 colour workgroup that prints, copies, scans and faxes.
- It I affordable, networked MFP which delivers upto 35 prints or copies per minute.
- It can print on media from 2.5”x3.5” cards to upto 11”x 52” banners with a stock of upto 256 gsm. It saves you from outsourced printing & copying costs.
- It has a memory of 1.25 GB and 250 GB of hard disk drive.
- With a speed of upto 35ppm/cpm in mono/colour itlets you produce professional documents with productivityboosting speeds.
- First page printing takes as short a time of just 9.5 seconds.
- It provides duplex printing/copying with convenience stapler and job separator.
- It has a tilting 7” colour touchscreen display with an intuitive menu system, enhanced help functionalities and a range of software.
- 100 sheets duplex RADF (reversing automatic Document Feeder) that can scan and print on both sides of the paper.
- It has ENERGY STAR compliance.
- It can be easily connected to a network, wireless or web-enabled and compatible to Google Cloud Print Ready as well as to AirPrint by Apple. This enables you to have remote printing from anywhere in the world and no need to be directly connected to the printer device.
- It has a secure print feature for printing confidential documents.
- It uses the latest open APIiteration of the smart Extendable Platform (sXP) to support OKI’s printing solutions.
- ES8473c MFP standard cabinet included, ES8473x MFP standard 535-sheet paper trays
With the above mentioned features a number of more of them OKI Smart is redefining the “Multifunctional” tag and becoming an innovator in the challenging business world today.
OKI can optimize the productivity by simplifying documents processing and workflow. OKI data offers a broad portfolio of products that are developed and built to optimize the managed print engagement. Taking up a consultative approach, the company supports every customer’s requirements and also deliver customized or individualised print solutions that maximize performance.