Multifunction Printers are an indispensable part of our workplace these days. Due to multiple tasks that they dispense, any problem in their working can cause frustration and inefficiency amongst your team.
There are some of the common issues which are experienced by MFPs generally and your machine is not an exception to it. Here we bring some sure short ways to prevent you from kicking and screaming at your printer.
- Your printer isn’t working.
The first and foremost thing to do in this situation is to check the basics. There are 2Ps and 1C which denote Paper, Power and Connection. So get your printer plugged in with active power connection, fill the paper tray and ensure it is connected to your computer with the cable or through wireless connection.
If still the machine is not taking the command then try it again by restarting. Some network issues get sorted by simply allowing the machine to reboot. If still some error or warning is shown on the machine for insufficient toner or machine out of paper, then please do the needful. But if the printer is scanning and copying but not printing then the fault lies in the network connection of your computer. Run the trouble-shooter on the Printers and Scanners settings and get the issue resolved.
- Printers take too much time to print.
Sometimes when your printer has too much printing load, you wish to get it done a bit faster. MFPs have this provision to speed up the tasks with just a few changes to the printing settings and network settings.
- Slow speed of your printer might be because of the poor signal strength or distantly located router. This can be fixed by updating your network connectivity from outdated protocol and by repositioning the router to enable strong signals and more bandwidth.
- Lower the print quality to speed up the printing job. Just change the default settings from high quality to draft or standard in case the quality is not a priority.
- Switch to simplex mode of printing to save time as the default duplex mode though conserves paper but also slows down the speed.
- If all this is still not serving the purpose then try to add some more memory space to your printer and get better performance.
- Wet looking and wrinkled Prints.
This issue is faced when you have used wrong type of paper for laser printer. The logic behind it is that paper meant for inkjet printers are coated for ink absorption whereas if this paper is used in laser printer, then the coating prevents the toner to stick on to the paper and the result is wet looking and wrinkled prints in your hands.
So the solution to this issue is to read the label on the paper and then put it to use in relevant printer. Another tip on this is to try to keep the printer paper in the wrapper rather than in open as it may catch moisture and can result in fuzzy prints.
- Lines, Spots or marks on Images.
Many a times we experience unexpected lines, spots and marks on all the print jobs. The first step to fix this is to determine when does it appear? If these appear on the print and copy commands then the problem lies I the print drum or paper feeder. But if they appear on copy and scan jobs and not on prints then the problem lies in the copy reader or glass.
Cleaning the glass above the copy reader with a gentle glass cleanser and a soft microfiber cloth can sort this issue out.
But if the prints are creating a problem then you should try to get the experts or call for technical help rather than trying to resolve it of your own.
- Warning sounds quite loud.
If the warning sounds are going nuts then they can be solved by changing the sound settings. Most of the MFPs alerts at critically low levels of the toner and they are fair enough to do so. So rather than scrapping your head go to the sound settings and change the volume level to ow. If you are completely out of toner stock and waiting for the new to arrive then you can just remove the toner cartridge in the meantime. Shake it well to get some drops of toner and a few more prints.
The above mentioned problems are quite commonly experienced and their solutions are equally easy to fix the issues. But there can be many other technical issues which might occur and affect the productivity of your workplace that needs to be attended to by technical experts.
For such issues, one of the best ways to keep your workplace away from sufferings of MFP’s disorders, implement a managed print services strategy. This strategy includes monitoring of usage and supply levels to ensure undisrupted toners, suggestions to optimise usage of print devices. It can even get remote monitoring and technical support to catch and resolve the issues before resulting in downtime. Milkman toner Company provides you with all the support from replenishing your toner, service and maintenance to Managed Print Services and even leasing the printing equipment. We are always delighted to serve you.
Do you own a Printer or a multifunction photocopier? Milk Man is your “one-stop shop” support and servicing company for all the issues related to your printer. Be it replenishment of your machine’s toner, installation of new equipment or a fleet of network printers or support to these network copiers, printers, scanners and fax machines, we specialize in serving with one goal in mind to exceed our client’s expectations. With following services at your doorsteps, we have always been happy to serve our customers:
- Maintenance & Support. Downtime is the most unproductive thing that can ever happen at your workplace during working hours. Being a company with factory trained and certified technicians, we have the expertise to help your equipment stay productive and run smoothly to eliminate downtime. If satisfied with our services, you can also have maintenance agreement with us which shall relieve you of any maintenance or replenishment worries. We will take complete care of your copier and printers’ maintenance and supplies and guarantee quick service call response all for a consolidated fee on monthly basis.
- Deliver Supplies. You can order your required supplies from “The Milk Man” company and we shall deliver them to you across the country throughout California and down the street, at no delivery charges. Recognizing your time as money, we offer double benefit to you by saving your time to fetch supplies and deliver them straight to your workplace at no additional costs. So whenever you need to replenish your toner, just give us a call and we shall be right there to minimize your equipment’s downtime and unproductive hours for your business. We can also pick and recycle the empty cartridges that are of no use to you anymore.
- Managed Print Services (MPS).For your fleet of printers, we offer the most comprehensive and customised fleet management strategy called Managed Print Services (MPS). We aim to meet and exceed our client’s expectations and also unburden them from looking after the office equipment and supplies and to reduce the printing costs drastically. Offering our professional and most knowledgeable services, we shall ensure that you look after your business and focus on operations. With MPS we shall work closely with you and design a strategy that enhances performance, improves efficiency, eliminates downtime and reduces the total cost of operating your fleet of printers.
- Leasing and Financing. As leasing has been accepted widely as a wiser and better decision than buying a photocopier or a printer, we offer our customers to avail leasing options with greater flexibility provided by North Shore Leasing LLC. With a rapid and constant change and upgradation in technology, we have great options to let you utilize the required upgrades in most cost effective manner.
At Milk Man we offer a wide variety of multifunction and corporate level printers and fax machines by brands like Konica Minolta, Ricoh, HP and Xerox. Serving your fleet of printers and photocopiers or toner replacement, our professionally trained staff shall quickly handle repairs and replace toners in minimum time. For any queries or support call us any time at 916-253-9804.
Has your photocopier or printer broken down? Do you have a service and maintenance contract? If no, then you must know the reason why you need one? As photocopiers and printers have become substantial in day to day working of an office, you need to ensure that there is a good repair and maintenance service contract in place. For expensive photocopiers and printers, it is an essential and wise move as it not only avoids the inconvenience caused in working hours due to machinery breakdown but also save you from additional service and repair costs incurred.
Reasons to get maintenance contract rather than having a DIY approach:
- Multifunctional Printers and photocopiers are complicated machines.
- Only service technicians have the expertise and training to fix them up.
- Doing it yourself without appropriate knowledge might make it a more expensive affair.
- Over a period of time, a contract costs lesser.
We hope you would be convinced by the above mentioned facts. So here we bring to you a few points which you should consider before penning down a contract.
- The service provider you are contracting should clearly mention the kind of costs he will bear. Will it be for the parts or for the service provided or both? As under the repair and maintenance contract, the provider charges a fixed monthly fees. He might charge additionally for each printout till an agreed limit.
- The amount of fee you are paying towards the contract is on what basis. It should be clearly fixed whether it is on the volume of usage or if it is a fixed amount that covers any and every issue. The amount of fee charged is high for machines with high volume of usage and low for lower copier limits.
- The time within which the service provider will provide a technician for the repair. A good service provider shall promise a guaranteed response time. The response time can be arrived at with mutual consent and on the basis of least disruption of effective working hours due to any fault in the machine.
- The things that are included in the package for which you are paying the monthly fee should be clearly known. It means that does the contract include the provision for consumables like ink and toner etc. or they are charged separately? Moreover a contract also stipulates the assumption of responsibility. Depending on the service provider he should clearly mention what costs he assumes to bear/pay: the cost of parts or the labour?
You should sign up with a reputed and faithful printer repair and maintenance service provider who provides you with timely, quality service that too without any surprise costs. A good repair and service provider does not only keeps you calm inspite of sudden machine breakdown but also relieves you from incurring unexpected cost of parts and renders reduced disruption at your workplace due to lengthy repairs.
We, at MilkMan Toner Company have the most trained and experienced technicians who would love to take care of your photocopier, printer and multifunctional printer.